You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-26 20:23:41

Mo
Station Boss
Website

Little Red

Little Red is my 1996 Ford Ranger 4x4 3.0l 5 speed manual short bed pickup.  Bought this little fella brand new off the show room floor back in 96.  He has become family to me.  My son learned how to drive in this truck and Little Red has been there for so many moves and projects.  He went underwater in a flood back in early 2016 and was mostly underwater for a week.  Had him towed to the shop for a pump out and $1400 I drove him home.  Lost the abs module, the air bag module, the blend door actuator and stereo.  Got a new blend door actuator to install when I get the time so I'll have heat in the truck once again.  I found an old Dual 200 watt head unit I had in storage so that will get installed as well and then I can check out the speakers to see if they are good.  I'm guessing the back speakers are junk now but the fronts were new poly cones so maybe they survived.  Hope to get a new abs module one of these days but they are kinda pricey.  I'll swap out the air bag module when I get time as well. 

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

Music is what feelings sound like

#2 2017-01-28 19:44:33

Mo
Station Boss
Website

Re: Little Red

Got the oil changed yesterday and added a quart of Lucas oil stabilizer.  I do have some small oil leaks I hope to take care of this year.  Valve covers and oil pan.  They need new gaskets so maybe when it gets warm again and I have it apart for the other repairs I can do that too.

#3 2017-08-20 22:40:42

Mo
Station Boss
Website

Little Red went in for an oil pan gasket replacement.  I wanted to do it but no time so we had to bite the bullet and take it to a shop.  Mechanic said the gasket had rolled out completely on one side so I guess that is where those big oil puddles were coming from.  Anyway, it is done and no leaks so yayyyy.  He didn't put the shifter console back right so I'll have to either take it apart myself or take it back.  It does not cause any problems driving it but it isn't flush with the carpet.  Just noticed it a few days ago.

#4 2017-10-03 00:52:48

justisabel

It's a gray Honda Civic, I am so happy that I finally got my driver's license.

Board footer