You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-26 20:36:34

Mo
Station Boss
Website

Pawn shop tools

Wife and I were out scouting the pawn shops the other day and I came home with an older Craftsman table saw with stand and a fairly new DeWalt miter saw for a few pennies less than $100.  SCORE!  We needed these tools to finish up some remodeling work on a rental house we are working on.  Sent off for a fence for the table saw but its a little too long.  I'll have to make up some sort of extender for the table saw top so the fence works.  Hope to make short work of the laminate we have to install.  At another pawn shop I found a sturdy metal leg router table for $20.  My router bolted right up to it so now I have a router table I can use to make some drawer fronts.

Music is what feelings sound like

#2 2017-02-03 15:57:00

Mo
Station Boss
Website

Re: Pawn shop tools

Bought a fence for the table saw but its about an inch too long and won't clamp at the back.  Guess I'm going to have to make a spacer block to add to the fence so it stays put.  We went to Lowe's yesterday to buy some lathe board to trim put the windows in the Stanley house and dang...  1 1/2" wide by 1/4" thick by 8' long lathe board was $7.20 each.  Highway robbery!!!!  I'm going to cut my own out of 2x material so I'll need a steady locking fence.  Can't see paying that much for skinny boards.

#3 2017-02-11 20:32:47

Mo
Station Boss
Website

The spacer block works for the fence that is too long but the lip where the inch marks is does not fit and is raised about 1/8".  I found an exact replacement fence for this old table saw and its on order.  Went ahead and got the miter slide as well so it should be all complete before I tackle the laminate flooring in the Stanley house.  Used it today making some pieces up for the remodel and it does ok.  I'm sure it will be much nicer when I have the correct fence in place.

#4 2017-02-16 12:34:06

Mo
Station Boss
Website

The handle for the new fence is on back order so it will be a while before the whole package arrived.  Still making due with the spacer block on the back of the "universal" fence and I might take my dremel tool and grind out the lip profile so it fits correctly on the front.

#5 2017-05-09 19:27:47

Mo
Station Boss
Website

Today I got a 10 gallon air compressor and a pressure washer from the pawn shop.  Air compressor works great.  I used my old air hose from the trucking days and installed a quick disconnect fitting so its easy on and easy off for other uses.  The pressure washer was a bust.  Engine fired up first pull on the starter line but the wand hose popped off.  I tried for almost a half hour to put it back on but finally decided it is the wrong hose for the washer.  So we took it back for a refund.  No issues there at all.  They had other pressure washers but at a higher price than we wanted to pay so for now we are pressure washerless like we were yesterday.  How did we ever survive???   We'll go back in a few weeks to see if the price has dropped on any of them.

#6 2017-08-20 22:31:20

Mo
Station Boss
Website

Picked up a new pressure washer from another pawn shop.  1700 psi electric with a ton of attachments including a rotating brush for washing the car.  Used it to power off some algae on the siding of one of our rentals.  Made the siding look brand new.  I really like it for the simplicity.  Hose, plug in, go...

Board footer