You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-04 09:39:04

Anna
Administrator

Making Friends and Meeting New People On-Line

I don't know about others here in this forum, but when i got online a year back i was looking for an interactive site/forum where i could both read and respond to topics on forums and also be able to have a one-on-one chat with people regardless of what their interests are or where they were in the world. I was hoping to make some friends. So far I haven't been able to find such a forum hence why my husband has been so kind as to create the forum and chat side of his radio station for me. We have decided to try to incorporate a one place pit stop for everyone's needs and to make this place as user friendly as possible for those who feel isolated in their part of the world and whom want a bit of mental stimulation as well as social interaction, a bit of easy listening music and maybe a game or two to kill the winter blues or boredom we tend to have every so often.

For those of you reading this post, I'd very much like to hear your views and hope you like your stay with us.

Kind Regards,
Anna

#2 2017-03-26 10:53:24

Anna
Administrator

Re: Making Friends and Meeting New People On-Line

While were still working on getting our home ready for occupancy and since this forum is still not yet up and running i have decided to join a few forums one is http://www.worldwideseniors.org/ and the other is  Expat Forum community, but anyway they're quite boring and don't provide me with the mental stimulation that i so desire. The other thing that i've also come to the realization of is that making friends online is not really fulfilling as it's not like meeting people face to face and interacting with them. My husband and i did meet up with another couple who moved to the states from Australia for a coffee and though the meet up was nice and pleasant we didn't really have anything much in common. So maybe i'll just give up on the idea of trying to make new friendships here in America and just concentrate on myself, my husband and my immediate family and friends back home.

Board footer